Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic Requisition ID:36042 Intro Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
The Reservations Sales Representative sells American airlines service to prospective customers by answering incoming calls and assisting customers in reaching satisfactory solutions to their travel needs.
What you'll do
- Apply sales techniques, while providing scheduling, fare and flight information to our customers in a manner that meets the basic training and normal call guidelines
- Representatives are cross-trained to process domestic/international sales calls, including Aadvantage products
- Must display a high level of professionalism, friendliness and composure when dealing with customer including the ability to interpret and resolve customer needs
- In addition, the sales and service representatives will respond to caller inquiries in our non-airline related ventures as call volumes dictate
- All functions are performed within certain time constraints that are based on the average talk and work times of fellow employees.
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High school diploma
- Ability to work a variety of shifts assigned by seniority, according to operational needs
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the native and the English language
- Satisfactory attendance required
- Public communication skills, required
- Operation of computer terminal and standard pc keyboard required
- Minimum 25-49 wpm typing requirement
Language/Communication Skills/Physical Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
- Physical ability necessary to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of the position, with or without any legally required reasonable accommodations that do not pose an undue hardship. Note: If the Company has reason to question an employee’s physical ability to safely and/or successfully perform the position’s essential job functions, the HR team generally will engage in an interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation is appropriate. HR (working with the operation) ordinarily first speaks with the team member directly and they mutually identify the physical demands of the job that are or may be impacted by the employee’s obvious or known condition. Then, if necessary, HR would request medical documentation from the team member’s treating physician or others to confirm the employee’s ability to perform those essential job functions safely and successfully.
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE LEGAL RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AT TIME OF APPLYING. US PASSPORT/CITIZENSHIP DOES NOT GRANT YOU RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE DR.