Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Senior Product Line Support Engineer to join our team. This
position is based at our Haina facility.
Eaton Miniature Breaker Plant Haina seeks a Product Line Support Electronics Engineer to support the current
manufacture and future new product development of our line of remote control circuit breakers ( EMCB ). This person
will work with the current product offering to support day to day manufacture as needed and cross function with the
Development Product Design team in Louisville/Raleigh. This individual must have a level electromechanical ability as
well as a deep understanding of and ability to trouble shoot electronics circuit designs with a general understanding of
software and Cloud based products
1. Provide technical design support for existing products to manufacturing, Marketing and Engineering areas. Plan, lead
and participate in the development of extensions to existing product lines and new products that containing mechanisms
and electronics driven by remote control software.
2. Develop projects through Pro Launch System focus on improvements.
3. Provide technical soundness of design decisions and products changes to facilitate manufacturing, reduce cost,
substitute material, improve quality and accommodate special customer needs.
4. Prevent and correct manufacturing issues that affect product function ability
5. Plan and execute design strategies that minimize the implementation on cycle time and cost. .
6. Support quality specification of existent products.
7. Perform laboratory test according to the product.
8. Review, control and maintenance of deviation system.
9. Responsible to update, generate reports according to the area requirements
10. Work with manufacturing plants on plans, processes and strategies to accomplish a trouble free introduction of
products into manufacturing.
11. Request capital as needed in projects
12. Monitor breaker testing results and performance levels and align product enhancement activities to drive a reduction in
third party holds and increased endurance and design margins.
13. Interface with test lab personnel and US engineering team to evaluate and resolve product holds.
14. Interface with manufacturing and quality assurance personnel in establishing quality requirements and process
controls for circuit breaker components, sub-assemblies, and final products.
15. Use of PRO Launch on new product development and product line transfer.
16. Comply with EQS, Lean and Pro-Launch procedures and policies.
- Bachelor degree in Industrial, Electronic or Electromechanical Engineering, or similar careers.
- Minimum experience of 1 years in similar positions.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Computer knowledge: MS Office, Familiarity with CAD tools – PROE, SolidWorks, AutoCAD or equivalent (and drawing
interpretation skills), AS400
- Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control), Lean, 6 Sigma and ISO9001.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time